On the 21st September, your friendly local community centre along with St. Michaels and All Angels is throwing open its doors for a whole day of fun and festivities to celebrate how great the community of Windmill Hill is! So, if you’re local, come and join in. Let’s make this a big ol’ party! (Of course, people from off the hill are more than welcome to join -We’re not elevationist!)
We’re planning on packing out the day with loads of fun activities and taster sessions from our regular roster of classes so we can bring our wonderful community together. There’ll be cake! There’ll be jumping! There’ll be a whole evening packed full of the finest bands Bedminster has to offer!
Check in below for our full schedule including timings of when various events are happening, so don’t miss out!
So far, the plan is:
- From 2-4pm Our small hall will be full of the best of our area’s voluntary groups – come and find out the magnificent work being done in our Community. Amongst the groups will be VPAG (Victoria Park Action Group), BS3 Wildlife Group, Boys & Girls Brigade, Window Wanderland, Bedminster Station gardening group, WHaM (Windmill Hill and Malago Planning Group) and ILOP (Improving the Lives of Older People) . There will be some children’s activities run by the Lantern Parade and the Woodcraft Folk. Community Centre representatives will be on hand to find out what local people want from the Community Centre going into the future.
- Volunteers from the church will be serving refreshments and delicious homemade cakes during the afternoon
- The church lawn will be open for play and relaxation (Hopefully the weather will be nice – If not there’s plenty of room inside the Community Centre!)
- Drop in on Free Taster Sessions will be in the large hall 2pm-4pm including:
- Sarah Langford Fitness who will be doing a pilates session from 2pm-2.30pm
- Paris of Jeet Kune Do Bristol will be doing a self defence taster session from 2.30-3pm
- JumpFit Jules will be bouncing you to fitness on those amazing boots from 3-3.30pm
- JollyTots – Naomi will be running a fun under 5s workshop, so bring up the nippers for singing, dancing, and good times 3.30-4pm
Our Social Club will be open to satisfy your refreshment needs from 2pm – So pull up a chair after all that hard work and have a cold beer or a real ale (Or local gin and tonic!)
- Jodie and Kylie from our local food van Stuffed who you all know from Victoria Park will be serving snacks and hot drinks in the evening to keep you going!
- And finally, the bar will be open in the large hall and a whole evening’s entertainment is happening from 4pm to 10pm with a fabulous line up of live acts from in and around Bedminster – LINE UP NOW CONFIRMED!
- Pixie Mitchell
Monday at 5
The Humming Birds
KRANTZ & Stormae
Bristol Ukulele Club Band
- The African Sambistas –
The Brass Disciples
So lots to see and do! There’ll be much more added, so check back regularly. And above all, this is a celebration of our community, please come down and enjoy! 🙂
SEE YOU SOON!