On the 21st September, your friendly local community centre along with St. Michaels and All Angels is throwing open its doors for a whole day of fun and festivities to celebrate how great the community of Windmill Hill is! So, if you’re local, come and join in. Let’s make this a big ol’ party! (Of course, people from off the hill are more than welcome to join -We’re not elevationist!)
We’re planning on packing out the day with loads of fun activities and taster sessions from our regular roster of classes so we can bring our wonderful community together. There’ll be cake! There’ll be jumping! There’ll be a whole evening packed full of the finest bands Bedminster has to offer!
The list of fun will continue to grow and develop as more people get involved, so check back on this page for updates. And check in even closer to the time for a full schedule including timings of when various events are happening, so don’t miss out! Of course, if you want to join in and organise anything, then just drop us a line (firstname.lastname@example.org) we are all in this together!
So far, the plan is:
- Close the section of Vivian Street between the Community Centre and St. Michael’s and throw open the doors to all
- Volunteers from the church will be serving refreshments and cake during the afternoon
- The church lawn will be open for play and relaxation (Hopefully the weather will be nice – If not there’s plenty of room inside the Community Centre!)
- Sarah Langford Fitness will be doing a taster session of one of her many fitness classes from 2pm-2.30pm
- Paris of Jeet Kune Do Bristol will be doing a self defence taster session from 2.30-3pm
- JumpFit will be bouncing you to fitness with their taster session from 3-3.30pm
- Brass Disciples are kicking off their youth band in October. Get your young ‘uns involved early with their taster sesh! 2.45-3.15 in the church. Email Lara to book – email@example.com
- JollyTots will be running a fun under 5s workshop, so bring up the nippers for singing, dancing, and good times 3.30-4pm
- Our skittle alley will be open for the odd game during the day, so if you’ve never played, now’s your chance! You might even end up joining our team – The Hillbillies!
- Our Social Club will be open to satisfy your alcoholic refreshment needs – So pull up a chair after all that hard work and have a cold beer or a real ale (Or local gin and tonic!)
- And finally, there will be a whole evening’s entertainment with live acts from in and around Bedminster – Full line up to be confirmed on this very page soon!
So lots to see and do! There’ll be much more added, so check back regularly. And above all, this is a celebration of our community, so if you want to chip in, organise a session, or get involve in any way, let us know. But most of all, come down and enjoy! 🙂
SEE YOU SOON!